Are you talented, enthusiastic and keen to join an ambitious, forward thinking company? Then we’d like to hear from you!
At Central Insulations, we are always keen to hear from talented individuals, even if we don’t currently have any vacancies listed below. If you think you have what we are looking for, please send us your CV, preferably in PDF format to: email@example.com
Please also include a covering letter where indicated, telling us a little about yourself and your expectations.
Please note that CVs will only be stored electronically.
We are a fast-growing and market-leading specialist in Controlled Environment construction based near Grimsby. We work extensively with blue chip end user clients and main contractors throughout the UK. We have experienced significant growth over recent years and have ambitious objectives for the future. We now have a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Quantity Surveyor to join our Team in order to accelerate our ongoing succession planning strategy.
Salary negotiable and commensurate with experience (plus: car allowance, healthcare). Immediate start available for the successful Candidate.
The successful candidate will have significant experience in the capacity of QS in the Construction Industry and a broad range of commercial skills. Supporting knowledge of installation/composite building material components will be preferred.
A great attitude and experience will be as important as qualifications/educational background, being a good fit in a tight-knit team is essential.
The role comes about as part of an accelerated succession planning strategy and in the first instance the successful candidate will report directly to the Senior Quantity Surveyor before stepping into the role themselves in the very near future.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
• Preparation of accurate and prudent cost /value analysis.
• Adherence to Risk Management processes and procedures.
• Drafting of contractual correspondence.
• Pricing and rating variations and compensation events.
• Interim and final account measurement.
• Site measurement and drawing take off.
• Interim payment and final account agreement of sub-contracts.
• Assisting in the production of Project Value Engineering.
• Ensuring good quality and accurate records are kept.
Key experience and skills will include:
• The ability to use own initiative in a busy SME environment.
• A genuine team player: outgoing, flexible and enthusiastic.
• Commercial acumen.
• An appropriate construction-sector related degree qualification and/or professionally qualified in a construction-related area or relevant experience.
• Understanding of drawings in AutoCAD.
• Hands on with the capability of understanding the requirements of all relevant drawings, specification and design & build information.
• Excellent attention to detail, numerical skills and the ability to work to deadlines is essential.
• Effective influencing and interpersonal communication skills.
• Word, Excel and Outlook skills
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: Negotiable and commensurate with experience (plus: car allowance, healthcare)
Experience: Construction sector: More than 5 years (Preferred)
Education: Degree/Certificate of Higher Education (Preferred)
Licence: Driver’s License (Required)
Job Types: Full-time, Contract, Permanent
Please send CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Central Insulations Ltd is an Equal Opportunity Employer and as such does not discriminate against any applicant for employment or employee on the basis of race, colour, religious creed, gender, age, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other classification protected by applicable discrimination laws.